Download the “clickable” PDF document here: PDF VERSION
Your job is important because it makes a difference with people for eternity !
The three loves: Love for God , love for Students and love for Subject with Passion .
- Passion makes me effective .
- Passion makes me persistent . (Jer. 20:9)
How to develop and grow your passion for the three loves:
1. Passion for God creates effectiveness (Dt. 6:1-9):
The end result (v.1-3): “that it may go well with them“!
- Step 1: v. 4-5: Love God.
- Step 2: v. 6: Obey Him.
- Step 3: v.7-9: Teach everywhere.
2. Passion for Students creates Connection!
Two powerful ways to grow your passion for students:
- Get to know them better.
- Pray for them!
3. Passion for my Subject creates Credibility !
How to grow your passion for your subject:
- Know your subject well!
- Pray and anticipate!
- Be Purposeful !
“Call to Me, and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.” Jeremiah 33: 3
My Action step:
One thing I will do with what I’ve learned today: _________________________________
Great Resources for Teachers
- Building Biblical Worldview, The Three Loves by Joe Neff (Free on Amazon Kindle!)
- “Every kid needs a Champion“, a TED talk by Rita F. Pierson (8 min. Very inspiring!)
- 3 min inspirational movie: “Heart of a Teacher” by Paula J. Fox.
- Movie: “In Front of the Class”. Trailer: (15 min), Full movie: (98 min)
- Making Classrooms Better – 50 Practical Applications of Mind, Brain, and Education Science, Tracey Tokuhama- Espinosa, PhD, (2014)
- Teach Like a champion 2.0: 62 Techniques that Put Students on the Path to College (K-12), Doug Lemov.